It’s that time of year when LB puts together a list of The Top 18 Rock Albums of ’18 that immediately causes everyone to fuss and fight.
“I both love and hate doing these lists,” says Lou. “I love looking at all the great music that came out. I hate that as soon as I publish it, I want to change it. Frankly, it’s also crazy that I’ve limited it this year to just eighteen albums. It really means I’ve cut out some albums that I admire and respect. However, it’s more of a challenge instead of putting out multiple lists of rock and metal albums with up to fifty albums each.” He continues, “The #1 album was particularly hard. In the various versions of the list before the final draft Disturbed and Beartooth both had the top slot before Ghost grabbed it in the final take.
Brutus strongly urges you to publish your own list and respond back to his with the hashtag saying, ” I encourage you to make your own list and post it. I think anyone else’s opinion is as valid as mine. That’s why I list my occupation as ‘Professional Music Fan.’ I’m just a fan like anybody else. We’re all in this together!”
Honorable mentions go to these artists who just missed the cut and who would have been a longer list including Judas Priest, Bullet for My Valentine, OTEP, Parkway Drive, Of Mice & Men, The Struts, Slash and others. Also, some albums that came out late in the year will carry over to the 2019 list including All That Remains.
Here is the list…
18. Five Finger Death Punch, ‘And Justice for None’
17.Jonathan Davis, ‘Black Labyrinth’
16. Shinedown, ‘ATTENTION! ATTENTION!’
15. Tremonti, ‘A Dying Machine’
14. Greta Van Fleet, ‘Anthem of the Peaceful Army’
13. Halestorm, ‘Vicious’
12. Stone Temple Pilots, ‘Stone Temple Pilots’
11. Alice in Chains, ‘Rainier Fog’
10. Red Sun Rising, ‘Thread’
09. Myles Kennedy, ‘Year of the Tiger’
08. Godsmack, ‘When Legends Rise’
07. Sevendust, ‘All I See Is War’
06. A Perfect Circle, ‘Eat the Elephant’
05. Breaking Benjamin, ‘Ember’
04. The Fever 333, ‘Made an America’
03. Beartooth, ‘Disease’
02. Disturbed, ‘Evolution’
01. Ghost, ‘Prequelle’